Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life With a Newborn



Beckett seems to be adjusting well to life on the outside.  He's a calm, curious little guy and spends a lot of time just looking around and listening to the voices that constantly coo at him.  He makes all kinds of funny faces and I know they say that newborns don't really smile, but I swear he smiling at us (check out the video).  He likes to be wrapped up tight in his blankets and is sleeping really well.  I think he'd sleep through the night if we'd let him (that might be a bit of an exaggeration...but we did have to wake him up after 4 hours last night).  I must say that I am extremely happy to have a baby boy that is so very easy to love and care for.  


Mr. Wigglesworth has shown an equal amount of curiosity towards his new baby brother.  He follows Beckett around and just likes to watch him.  He jumps up every time Beck makes a peep to see what's happening and wants to be as close as possible to him at all times.  He loves to sniff the baby, but he always keeps a respectful distance.  I think they are going to be great friends once Beckett is big enough to throw a squeaky toy.  


Ryan and I are adjusting to our new life as parents.  We're a little short on sleep and have been pretty much living in our PJs this week, but we're both enjoying this focused time with our new son.  My mom has been a huge help and has kept us well fed and entertained.  (Thanks Mom!)  I wish I could keep her longer, but I know that her other ten grand children would miss her if we did.  


6 comments:

  1. You convinced me....he's totally smiling at you! Too cute! I can't wait to meet him in person. Until then keep posting pictures, the more the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby already. He's absolutely adorable, smiles and all. Thanks for updating the new pictures. Glad to hear Mr. Wigglesworth isn't jealous yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cute boy! I can't believe he's is smiling at only one week... he's either really gifted or he may have gas. Either way its a sign of greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and Carson enjoyed the movie. Carson's favorite picture is of him looking at Grandma Colleen and her looking at him. (I love that you posted this at 4 a.m.) I remember those days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are up late with your little angel! I noticed you posted at 4:00AM. I loved the video. Glad your family was able to come visit and help. Beckett is a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the video and yes, I think he is smiling as well. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete